Acne Treatment in Melbourne
We understand that controlling your acne and breakouts can be challenging and frustrating. It can affect your self-confidence and your lifestyle.
Our acne treatment regimen includes a series of acne facials, peels, light therapy and a personalised skin care routine for home. This helps reduce your skin’s sebaceous build-up, bacterial content and oil production, assisting in reducing acne. The results speak for themselves.
Our dermal therapist in Melbourne will assess your condition during an initial consultation and provide you with the best acne treatment plan for your skin’s needs.
Hormonal Acne Frequently Asked Questions
What Causes Acne?
Acne is a very common skin ailment that causes unsightly spots and unbalanced skin to appear. Acne occurs when certain hormones cause sebaceous glands to produce too much oil that plugs the pores and therefore causes acne. This condition often causes the skin to turn red, be inflamed, and even feel hot when touched. Acne usually appears on the face, but it can appear on the back and chest as well. Fortunately, these areas can be targeted with acne treatment in Melbourne.
What Types Of Acne Exist?
- Whiteheads are formed when the sebum and bacteria are trapped below the skin’s surface.
- Blackheads are formed when the sebum oxidises around the opening of pores.
- Papules are formed when the walls inside pores break and white blood cells enter to try and fight the bacteria that have grown there. This clash causes skin to turn red due to inflammation. Papules can be identified due to having a raised red area of skin around the pore.
- Pustules are advanced papules. They look like whiteheads when white blood cells have reached the surface of the skin.
Why Do Some Adults Develop Acne?
Although the hormonal fluctuations that cause acne usually happen during the teen years, they are known to affect adults as well. Some women experience hormonal swings during their menstrual cycle, pregnancy and menopause that can cause acne breakouts. However, acne outbreaks can also happen to adults who are genetically predisposed to it or who are experiencing a side effect of certain medications, such as steroid drugs or anticonvulsants.
What Should You Avoid Doing with Acne?
- What Should You Avoid Doing with Acne?
- Using strong cosmetic products
- Using very hot or cold water on the affected areas
- Over cleansing affected areas
- Leaving makeup on when you go to bed
Do I Have to Stop Wearing Makeup If I Have Acne?
No, as long as you clean it off every night. However, if you notice any breakouts along the sides of your temples, the hair creams and gels you use may be aggravating your acne. If this is the case, you should change the brand you use.
Does Acne Ever Go Away Permanently?
Acne usually goes away by itself once puberty ends. However, some adults continue to struggle with acne. Fortunately, most types of acne can be treated with an appropriate acne skin treatment.
Book an Appointment for Acne Treatment in Melbourne Today
Feel free to contact our acne treatment clinic to have a chat with our friendly dermal therapist for all your skin care needs. Call us on (03) 7007 8811 or send an booking your appointment with us for the best acne treatment available.